WordPress is the most popular Content Management System (CMS) around and now powers more than 27% of all websites.
One of the great things about WordPress – and one of the main reasons why I develop websites using WordPress as a platform – is that even if you aren’t familiar with it, it’s incredibly easy to pick up use. At the end of your project, you’ll have complete control over the content of your website via an intuitive, and easy-to-use online dashboard.
It’s also incredibly flexible – what started out as a blogging platform can now easily be leveraged to build a membership website, an online store or a property listings website. There is literally no limit to what an experienced developer can achieve with WordPress.
- Easy to pick up and use to control your website.
- Open source with large community.
- Easy to customise to meet your requirements.
- Thousands of plugins available to extend the platform.
Building on WordPress with Genesis
The Genesis Framework gives me a head start when developing WordPress websites. Rather than building from scratch each time, Genesis allows me to build a lightweight child theme which extends the framework.
Genesis works differently to a traditional WordPress theme. Customisation is carried out using hooks and filters rather than modifying template files, so there is often a learning curve for developers getting started with the framework.
- Solid base to create lightweight custom child themes.
- Well coded with security best practices built in.
- Always up to date with latest WordPress developments.
- Fantastic community of designers, developers and end users.
Building on WordPress and the Genesis Framework means your website will be easy to use, lightning fast and will meet your business needs without compromise.